Date(s) - 03/21/2015
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Near Eastside Food Summit is Saturday, March 21st, 11 am to 2 pm. It’s at the new Westminster Neighborhood Ministries Center, 2325 E. New York Street, Indianapolis.
This is for you if:
(1) you eat food,
(2) you’re a foodie,
(3) you’re interested in locally-grown food,
(4) you facilitate a community garden (or would like to),
(5) you work on food desert/food access issues (or would like to),
(6) you work on nutrition challenges (or would like to), or
(7) you work with other food challenges and opportunities on the Near Eastside.
NEAR is happy to facilitate this informal gathering around Near Eastside food. Our hope is to identify, learn about, and link together many smaller and larger Near Eastside food initiatives so many more neighbors can get involved and benefit. Bring your story, your initiative, and your readiness to engage for good local food.
This is not a city-wide event (as cool as that would be!). This is specifically about Near Eastside food and foodies and folks interested in Near Eastside food opportunities and challenges.
Almost forgot: it’s free and a locally-made lunch is provided.
Please let us know you’re participating via our Food Summit Facebook Event page.
Please check back here for more developing info.iCal